Hi,
Do you remember the following activity we did in class?
"Write a short story using 15 of the irregular verbs on page 155"
Here are the resulting stories...
STORY 1
Yesterday I lost my car. Then I wrote a letter to my friends. I felt very sad and alone without my car. My friends began to look for my car, but they didn't find it. They spent a lot of time, although they were tired. At night, they got a lot of materials and structures, and they built me a new car. They did a good job and I drove again to Albujón City. I was happy.
STORY 2
I flew to London last June and I spent 10 pounds on my ticket. I drove a car from the airport to the hotel. I wore a jacket because the weather was cold. After that, I chose a restaurant and I ate a T-bake. I ordered meat and the waiter brought fish. After that, when I paid the bill, I went to the toilet and then I fell because the floor was wet and I stood there for three minutes.
STORY 3
On my last holiday I wanted to go to Santo Domingo, so I bought a plane ticket on the Internet. It cost only about 300€. I took the airplane and I sat near a window. I was afraid and I drank a lot of alcohol. Later, I slept for two hours.
When I woke up I was in the sea. I swam to an island. I didn't have any food so I caught some animals and I planted some vegetables that grew slowly. The sea brought me pieces of wood to make fire and cook food.
On the island, there were natives that gave me a net to fish. I spent 7 years before a ship rescued me.
STORY 4
Last year I went to India. I flew with Iberia for about 10 hours.
When I arrived, I didn't understand the people there, because they spoke their language, so I bought a dictionary. I rented a car to visit a lot of places and I saw the typical monuments, the mosque, the church...
Indian people wore long dresses, although the weather was very hot. I drove to the restaurant and I drank a cocktail, and I had rice with meat for dinner.
I thought about going to the river, but a man said to me that I couldn't go because it was a sacred place, so I went to the hotel and I swam in the pool.
After that, I packed my baggage and I returned to my country.
STORY 5
Last year, when I was a builder, my company built a lot of flats, and my mission was to sell them. In order to do this task, I caught my bag, I went to the airport and flew to New York.
The trip was good because I slept for three hours. After the flight, when I got to New York, I met my family and spoke with them, and they lent me their [...], which they kept very well.
The following day I began to search for customers and then I sold my product in the south part of Manhattan. It was a bad task because Americans are terrible at buying flats in Spain.
STORY 6
I kept a good relationship with a friend from my same company in the New York branch, but I hadn't worked with him for years. Suddenly, my company sent me there for a week. When I began to work with him, he taught me some things which I didn't know. For example, I usually threw away a lot of things, so I learnt that nothing should be thrown away. Everything could be re-used, or even sold.
One night, we went out for dinner and suddenly, it started to rain. We wore summer clothes and we got really wet, although we took our umbrellas because it was raining and there was a strong wind.
We chose beef with potatoes and salad, we asked the waiter to bring us a good wine, and he brought a quite expensive Rioja, but very good. For dessert, we ate cheesecake and ice cream. My friend forgot his wallet in the office, so I had to pay the bill. But I wasn't worried about this, because the company covered all my expenses.
After that, we went dancing and drinking, and met the waiter who served us in the restaurant. He said that when he shut the restaurant he came to this place before going home.
He also sold us tickets for the basketball game the following day, between the New York Knicks and the Boston Celtics. That night I went to bed very late and slept until noon the following day.
STORY 7
Last year, we built a house with a swimming pool because the owners like swimming. One day, when Peter was swimming, he lost his house key and he didn't find them.
He put on his clothes, he wore a tracksuit. He drove very fast and the police took a photo of his car and he got a speeding fine. After that, he remembered that had forgotten his keys at his friend's house. When he got there, his friend was singing in English.
Peter asked him for his keys and they finally found them.
STORY 8
We sold our grandfather's house, and last week my brother and I flew to New York to celebrate it. But our trip was a disaster, because when we landed I didn't catch my coat. I forgot to take it from the plane.
Later, we lost our baggage at the airport, and I had problems with the customs officer because I kept my passport with my coat.
Then we took a taxi to the hotel. We chose a downtown hotel. When we arrived at the hotel, we felt very tired and we only slept for ten minutes because the phone rang. It was somebody from the airport. They had found our bags and sent them to the hotel.
Finally, we wore our clean clothes.
Now, read STORY 9. There are some mistakes. Can you correct them?
STORY 9
I chose a new house but I didn't find it. I flew to England and then I drove to London. In this place, I touch Spanish to some people who didn't understand Spanish. Because I needed a lot of money for built my new house. But I lost my money so that I came to Spain.
As I heard a radio program with a competition and then I called it and I won a fantastic house. I couldn't stand, and I need sat down.
STORY 10
When we began our second course at the Official Language School, we read the list of our group, and then we went to the bookshop.
We chose a good pen and we bought our books. The shop assistant gave us a little present. Last week, we only spoke in English and Sonia told us about her last holiday.
On the last level, we became good students, and we broke our books.
STORY 11
Yesterday I woke up when my sister came into my bedroom. I saw that she was wearing my dress, which she had stolen from me.
We ate at the restaurant. The waiter brought the list of wines, then I threw my glass of wine when she told us that she couldn't pay. Then I caught my purse, and I paid the bill. After that, I kept my credit card.
In the afternoon, we did a lot of activities. For example, we swam in the swimming pool, we grew a plant in our garden and two hours later, we sat in the sofa and watched TV.
7 comments:
Hi,
I like story 4 because I think is a short, clear and coherent story.
I like story 5 because I helped to write it, and I can forget this so it was a difficult task because we had only 20 minutes for write it.
I think all the stories are fantastic,but when you was writting something you think it is the best.
My favourite story is number 7, because it's comical and very original. From my point of view that's an amusing and a quite funny story.
My favourite story is nº 6,because it's funny and more real than others.
I prefer the story number 4, because is interesting and coherent.
I like story 3, because it is a original and incredible story. I think that this kain of stories help you to escape of your real life. When I listen a read a story or I wath a movie, I like turn off my mind.
I think the best story is the n.6 because It has a lot of vocabulary and the people who wrote a lot of imagination.
Post a Comment